Healthy High Protein French Toast (gf, df, refined sugar free)
Hi!! So let me just start off by saying I haven't always been a big french toast fan, especially when I first started off my fitness journey, I thought french toast would be off the table. French toast doesn't really get the greatest rep in the 'health/fitness' community, and I say now is the time we changed that. For me now its a totally different story, I make this french toast for breakfast/brunch almost every other day!! #noregrets :)
This french toast recipe is my favorite!! It leaves you satisfied for hours and is overall a very balanced nourishing meal. Its high protein, gluten free, dairy free, and even refined sugar free! You wont have a typical crash and burn if you where to make a traditional french toast recipe, this leaves you energized and ready to take on the day, which is a total must! This is the only french toast recipe you need in your life, and trust me, once you try it there is no going back haha.
Let me just end off by saying, get ready to have your breakfast game totally upgraded and on to the next level haha.
Now on to the real reason why you are here. . . The recipe!!
Its very simple and you only need a couple of ingredients
1 Scoop Nuzest Plant Based Vanilla Protein Powder (any vanilla flavored clean protein powder you have can work)
2 Slices of gluten free bread (any bread works)
1/4 cup liquid (plant based milk or water)
Dash of sea salt
Berries (strawberries, blueberries, etc)
- Whatever toppings you would like throw it on there it makes all the difference :)
Sweetener of choice (Coconut sugar, honey, maple syrup)
- ( I personally don't add any additional sweetener, but definitely add some if you would like based on your taste!!)
1. Those all all the ingredients you need! Now once you have gathered all the goods combine everything in a bowl (except the bread) and mix thoroughly until it is in a somewhat liquid consistency.
2. After you have mixed it all soak the bread in the batter for about 2 minutes on each side, so it can fully absorb all of the liquid batter goodness :)
3. Heat a pan with coconut oil, and place the bread to fry for about 2 minutes on each side until golden on both sides. ( If you have extra batter that the bread did not soak up, drizzle it on top of the bread while it is cooking.)
4. Once your toast is nice and golden, gather your toppings and place it on the platter
5. Enjoy!! :)
That's it!! Super easy to whip up on a Tuesday or a Sunday haha, this high protein french toast will become a staple in your breakfast repertoire :) Its simple to say you can still enjoy your childhood breakfast favorites and still achieve those fitness goals, and be filled with energy!!
Have you claimed your Free 3 Step Guide to Attract Abundance? While you are enjoying your french toast why not learn about how to attract abundance and success into your life as well! Now that’s what I call a great breakfast haha
Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do! If you try it out definitely let me know what you think in the comments below, and what toppings you go for!
Love recipes like this? Then you might also adore this Low Carb, High Protein, Vegan Ice Cream Recipe!
If you want to be the first to see new recipes like this (gluten free, dairy free, high protein, etc) be sure to subscribe to the newsletter so you never miss out!!
Daily Affirmation: I am unique. I show up in the world as my truest self everyday.